I saw this questionnaire going around and thought it would be fun to find out just how the boys see me in the world. I loved hearing their answers. It’s clear I am NOT good at video games and that the most common words out of my mouth are “I love you”. I encourage everyone to do this with their children, if for no other reason than to catch a tiny glimpse of yourself through their precious eyes.
Kj age 10
Mitchel age 13
1. What is something mom always says to you?
I love you
I love you
2. What makes mom happy?
Me and buba being happy
Going to the beach
3. What makes mom sad?
Us being sad
When her shoulder hurts
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Being herself. You’re just funny
I have no clue
5. What was your mom like as a child?
I don’t know cause I didn’t know you then.
6. How old is your mom?
42 turning 43
7. How tall is your mom?
Five foot four
Five foot eight
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Go to the beach
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Being a writer
Taking photos (pause) actually being a writer
11. What is your mom really good at?
12. What is your mom not very good at?
13. What does your mom do for a job?
Take care of us
Be a mom
14.What is your mom’s favorite food?
Strawberries wait no no sushi
15.What makes you proud of your mom?
How awesome she is
That she can get on stage and talk to people
16. If your mom were a character, who would she be?
Leela from Futurama
I don’t know.
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Go shopping and go to concerts
18. How are you and your mom the same?
We both really like fresh air
We both play the Ukulele
19. How are you and your mom different?
She can clean I can’t.
I can play the ukulele well
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Cause she tells me
I just do cause you’re my mom and you have to.
21. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
22. How old was your Mom when you were born?
This was so much fun I’m scheming other sorts of questions that help us see each other on this wild journey.