Right now, halloween is upon us. A time to costume our alter egos and hit the streets in search of treats. A time to wear outrageous gets up and ask folks to reward us with tasty morsels of food. A time for spooky tales and scary scenes. A time when the space between living and dead thins. So I share with you an ancient recipe of witches brew. Tell them what’s really inside or make up a list that will turn their stomachs while their intrigued nose begs them to take a bite.
3 TBSP olive oil 1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
2 lb stewing beef cubed 1 tsp salt
6 small onions 28 oz can tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic 1/2 cup fine parsley
5 1/2 ounces tomato paste 1 cup water
1 TBSP flour (GF option works as well) 3 large carrots
1 tsp chili powder 1 cup cooked macaroni (GF works)
1 tsp dried oregano 1/3 cup parmesan
1 tsp dried rosemary 1 cup water
1) Heat olive oil in large sauce pan. Add beef and stir lightly until browned.
2) Add onions and garlic continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes
3) Combine tomato paste, flour, chili powder, oregano, rosemary and both salts. Stir into beef mixture and add water.
4) Bring to boil reduce heat and simmer 1 hour and 15 minutes
5) Add carrots and continue simmer 45 minutes or until beef is tender.
6) Cook macaroni in a separate pot. Then stir in to stew.
7) Add parmesan garnish with parsley.